Black Friday is right around the corner and some of the leading retailers have already started to announce their discounts. However, most of the discounts account for the holiday season treats rather than being only for Black Friday. In a way, we can think of these discounts as appetizers before the main course and the main course is about to be served!
In order to differentiate these discounts, we need to understand what Black Friday is and what to expect from it. Therefore, our team has prepared you this article to help you understand the origins and purpose of Black Friday as well as to guide you on your Black Friday journey. Also, to give you a sneak-peek, our team has done some research about the products that are most likely to be discounted for Black Friday.
These products are constantly updated on our site with the new developments so be sure to revisit this page to learn more about the discounts and latest developments for a rewarding Black Friday. Without further due, let’s begin our journey!
The Term ‘Black Friday’
In 1966, Martin L. Apfelbaum, executive vice president of the Earl P.L. Apfelbaum stamp store, wrote a column in The American Philatelist magazine; explaining why the police had started to use the term ‘Black Friday’ to describe holiday shopping madness following the Thanksgiving Holiday.
Apfelbaum wrote “‘Black Friday’ is the name which the Philadelphia Police Department has given to the Friday following Thanksgiving Day, it is not a term of endearment to them. ‘Black Friday’ officially opens the Christmas shopping season in center city, and it usually brings massive traffic jams and overcrowded sidewalks as the downtown stores are mobbed from opening to closing.”
Considering the crowds and intense workload of the police force on that day, the term made sense back then, and thanks to the contribution of Apfelbaum, ‘Black Friday’ was to be used for an American tradition that continues to this day.
What and When is Black Friday
Basically, Black Friday is a shopping holiday celebrated on the day after Thanksgiving. Shop owners and retailers run special discounts and sales lowering the price of popular products, toys, and tech gadgets on this day, usually starting very early in the morning.
Although it started as a single Friday following Thanksgiving, the popularization of the phenomenon led to a holiday of multiple days and even weeks for many retailers.
What to Look For
Originally, the Black Friday idea is linked with small shop owners and in favor of them. However, thanks to the globalization of the world and the convenience of online shopping, big retailers with an abundance of their products such as Amazon, Walmart, and Best Buy profit more from Black Friday.
In 2019, shoppers spent $7.4 billion online during Black Friday sales. This stat shows us how big the chart is and, inevitably there will appear some opportunists to use this holiday for their profit. Our team, consisting of professional deal hunters and experienced shoppers, analyzed the data and prepared you some bullet points to guide you in your Black Friday journey.
- Be sure to set a budget. It is quite easy to be dazzled by the prices and overspend on Black Friday. Prioritize what you need and set a number for your wallet. At the end of the day, you would not want to end up with an empty wallet, products and items that you did not need in the first place.
- Shop online. It is plausible to stay home and safe while purchasing items. Skip the stores and crowds in order to limit the spread of coronavirus. Even if there were not a threat like coronavirus, we would still recommend shopping online as retailers have changed their policies and started offering their best deals online.
- Be an early bird. Getting a head start is always in your favor in these kinds of situations. Deals do not only start early but also are in limited supplies. It is wise to do your shopping as early as possible to avoid missing the best deals.
- Read retailer reviews. Doing a quick Google search for the merchants’ names and products often provides the necessary information you need. Rather than evaluating individual comments, try to find patterns such as failure to fulfill orders, the fulfillment of the wrong items, damaged goods, or multiple poor customer services.
- Read the return policies. Delayed shipments can occur due to the massive shopping traffic. In order to avoid being deceived, be sure that the return window of the item you have chosen is extended accordingly
- Watch out for sketchy sites and fake deals. As we mentioned before, there are a lot of opportunists to use Black Friday for their self-interest. Shop only from trusted websites and avoid shopping from sites with typos, sketchy designs, and deals that are too good to be true.
- Do your research. Before purchasing an item, be sure to scan the site and read the policies regarding shipping, return, and warranty. Find the customer service information on the site and read the individual seller’s policies if it is possible.
- Prefer digital-wallet services. Major digital-wallet services such as PayPal or Amazon Pay are ideal for safe shopping. Remember, digital-wallet presence does not guarantee good customer service or policies but seeing it when you get to check-out is a good indicator of a trusted retailer.
- Use our links. Interesting Engineer with its tasteful team has been searching for products for you and your loved ones for almost a long time. Our experienced and daily ambitious teamwork for the best results and satisfying you is our number one priority. You can use our links with peace of mind for easy and safe shopping.
Amazon has quite a number of discounts during the holiday season from holiday dash to Alexa’s birthday and yet they have not made a move for Black Friday. Although it has not been officially announced yet, Amazon has started lowering prices in certain products.
Based on past experience and a fair number of Black Fridays spent, our team connected the dots and prepared you a list of items that are most likely to be discounted on Black Friday. Be sure to check our list and revisit this page if you do want to get a head start as our products will be constantly updated.
Scroll down for 2020 Black Friday items!
Thanks to its 4K HDR PROCESSOR, you will see 4K pictures, rich texture, and real-world details. If you are a gamer, its dedicated Game Mode will give you a smoother, more responsive gaming experience. Also, you can control this TV with your voice and smart home devices. Just say the name of the movie or the show you want to watch or manage tasks. With striking highlights, deeper darks, and vibrant colors, this high-tech TV will take your viewing experience to another level.
You will surely elevate your entertainment with VIZIO M-Series. Thanks to its step-up advancements, it produces bolder colors, breathtaking clarity, crisp contrast, and impressive smarts. You can browse your favorite streaming channels like Netflix and YouTube right on the TV using the in-box remote or SmartCast Mobile app. Also, its sleek design will suit your TV room easily. M-Series is truly a feast for the eyes!
This year has been quite rough. Now that Black Friday is at the door, maybe it is time to treat yourself with an apple watch! This swim-proof watch has everything and more you can expect from a regular watch. You will not even need to touch it to activate it thanks to its retina display. You can track your activity with its unrivaled optical heart sensor. Also, you can always use its GPS when you need to find your way.
Wired headphones are a thing of the past and Bose shows you why it is so with its Headphones. Keep your phone in your pocket because you can reach your voice assistant with just a touch of a button or by using merely your voice for music, navigation, and more.
Its adjustable unrivaled noise canceling ability will enable you to turn any environment into a work or meditation space. Bose’s sleek design lightweight stainless-steel headband and angled ear cups are made both for your comfort and style.
Here is another Bluetooth headphone to make you grateful for choosing the wireless option. Beat solo with its comfort-cushioned ear cups and up 40 hours of battery life is perfect for everyday use. Compatible with IOS and Android, these high-performance wireless headphones will give you a top-notch listening experience.
If you are on a budget or want an earbud option xFyro’s wireless headphones are just for you. Also, they are waterproof! You can listen to music while doing laps with peace of mind. The xFyro xS2's deliver an ultra-convenient listening experience with cutting-edge Bluetooth CSR 4.2 tech for a seamless connection to your devices. It comes with a compact carrying tube which is also a power bank for the earbuds.
Say hello to Amazon’s most famous smart speaker with a fabric design. Do not be deceived by its compact size as Echo Dot gen 3 has richer and louder sound; and if that is not enough, you can always pair with another Echo Dot for stereo sound. Use the device for controlling your smart home as a hub and call almost anyone hands-free. Also, remember that Alexa is always there for you if you need to learn something or a companion.
Have you ever wondered who your ancestors are, where you are actually coming from? Here is a chance to learn for good! Discover your ancestry composition and where in the world your DNA is from across 2000+ regions. You can explore your traits with this product. With reports like hair photobleaching and freckles see what your DNA might have to say about your taste and smell preferences.
Since it's come into our lives, the Internet has never failed to seize us. Considering the lockdown and recent events, the importance of the Internet has become much more prominent than ever. Thankfully, the majority of the world has access to the Internet but some of us still have dead zones in our houses and lag problems. TP-Link’s wifi extender is here to solve your problems with just two simple taps!
Interesting Engineering is a participant of the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and various other affiliate programs, and as such there might be affiliate links to the products in this article. By clicking the links and shopping at partner sites, you do not only get the materials you need but also are supporting our website.